preparation sectional graphic


So, you want to bring your video camera and capture all those brilliant playa moments to show your family and your friends. Great! But alas, you can't just show up at Burning Man and start shooting. In the interest of protecting our community, all cameras which are capable of capturing motion imagery are required to receive written permission in order to film at the event. This includes all digital still cameras and smart phones that are capable of capturing a few seconds of video.

The Personal Use Agreement, when signed, will give you permission to shoot video for personal use - this means only for showing to your friends and family. If you plan to do *anything* beyond that with your footage, you will need to register with Media Mecca in Center Camp - visit the Press section for more information.

The 2013 Personal Use Agreement can be downloaded here for you to print and fill out. Bring this document with you to turn in at the event at the Greeters Station, Playa Info or at the Ranger Stations. You may also pick up a copy of this document and fill it out at those locations. (Please note the document contains Q and A information on the back - you do not need to return this portion if your copy is printed on two sheets.)

You may not make any alterations to this form (but you do not need to bring both pages, only the first). You may turn it in (or pick up a new one if you can't print it or you forget it at home) at the Greeters when you arrive, or at Playa Info in Center Camp. The two Ranger outposts in the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock plazas will also have forms.

Remember, Personal Use Agreements help protect you and the rest of Black Rock City. If you have any questions, please write to press (at) burningman (dot) com.

about this photo