Theme Camp and Village Layout Plans
Following the guidelines below, please prepare your camp layout plan prior to starting your Placement questionnaire, as layout plans are submitted as uploaded attachments into the Placement questionnaire. Accepted formats are Joint Photographic Group (.jpg) or Portable Document Format (.pdf). Most printer drivers will allow a document to be saved as a .pdf file. While hand-drawn layouts are not optimal, you may photograph a drawing or sculpture of your layout with a digital camera, in order to create a .jpg file for submission.
Deadline is the the end of April. Once the Placement questionnaire is activated in the spring, the firm deadline is explicitly stated on the Questionnaires page.
Layout example one:
Layout example two:
- Layout Plans must be an overhead view of your camp.
- Include both frontage and depth dimensions in feet.
- 8.5 x 11-inch "landscape" (horizontal) orientation, best suited for black & white printing – avoid dark, cluttered backgrounds. (We know they’re cool, but please do not use satellite photos of previous years).
- The largest item on your layout plan should be your Camp name, running along the top of the 11-inch edge. Under the camp name, please list your name, email address, and phone number.
- Call out significant features and each project within your Camp area:
- If you own a BRC storage container that needs to be delivered and placed, provide the PC# on your plan, indicate the exact placement of the container (with distances from camp perimeters), and indicate where the container doors should open.
- Where is the camp entrance?
- Where is the main structure or area for the Participant interactions?
- Where are vehicles parked?
- Where are generators?
- Re: Villages: where are your access roads?
- A Camp frontage view is requested, but not required.
- When submitting your plan as a digital file, be sure the file name is your unique Camp name. (NOT the generic "camp plan", or "layout plan")
- When writing or replying to us, be sure your Camp name is in the subject line of all emails.
Plan submission: upload your plan file within the placement questionnaire as a JPG or PDF format file. Please limit file size to approximately 1 MB.
Questions or problems submitting a layout plan? placement (at) burningman (dot) com